All, I was flipping through O Magazine, and low-and-behold, our own President-Elect, Ashley Shoenith is featured. She and her gorgeous hand- made aprons are highlighted in the magazine. You will definitely want to get to know her as she is smart , witty and very talented.
I also wanted to let you know that our Signature Lunch events are planned through June.
- In January, Hala Moddelmog, the President of Arby’swill speak. Hala was formerly the CEO of Susan G. Komen. Prior to Komen, she was CEO of Church’s Chicken. You will definitely want to hear what she is doing to grow the Arby’s brand. Plus, there will also be some yummy gifts! We have already sold lots of tables and this one will definitely sell-out.
- In February, Sara Beth Zivitz will speak to us from Groupon. Sara Beth previously lived in Atlanta and worked for Pink Magazine before she moved on, went to Harvard Business School and then to Groupon. I can’t wait to hear what is new with this exciting company!
- In March, one of my favorites, J. Walker Smith is returning to speak to the AMA by popular demand. Walker has been a member of AMA for many years and currently serves on our AMA executive advisory board. He has written many books and articles on trends. These books include: Generation Ageless, Rocking the Ageless: The Yankelovich Report on Generational Marketing and Coming to Concurrence: Addressable Attitudes in the New Model for Marketing Productivity.
- I am happy to say in April, my mentor, Nancy Gibson, Global VP of Shopper Strategies and Solutions at Coca Cola will present to us. I have known Nancy over 16 years. Nancy is smart, sassy and is the leading global authority on shopper marketing. Read about her in our Tribute to Mentors at http://tinyurl.com/3lcnkxg.
- In May, Kat Cole, the President of Cinnabonwill be in the house. Kat is the young, brilliant and beautiful leader of Cinnabon. Kat is someone I’ve also known for many years and admire greatly. Imagine someone who looks like Angelina Jolie, has the global-view of Bono– all combined with the brains of Warren Buffett—and then you will understand why I like Kat so much.
- In June, Del Ross, VP at InterContinental Hotelswill speak to us. He will give us insights on the Holiday Inn rebrand success.
- Sign up on our site at www.ama-atlanta.org
Happy 2012 all. Can’t wait to see you in the new year.
All the best,
Jo Ann Herold